We are so happy you are visiting WickerWoman.com, where we’ve set up pages and pages of reference materials for you on the topics of chair caning, seatweaving, basketmaking, and more!
Chair Caning & Basketry Resource Help for You!
- SUBSCRIBE to the Weavin’ Wicker Woman Blog , don’t miss a single post! Topics range from chair caning, antique wicker, repurposed furniture, fiber art, basketry, DIY and more wacky, wicker wonders!
- Find the perfect furniture restoration expert near you, on the National Furniture Repair Directory™ on WickerWoman.com Categories are: Seatweaving & Chair Caning; Wicker Repair; Stripping & Refinishing; and Upholstery. We’re the first (since 2004) and longest running repair directory of its kind on the Internet!
- Need Cane & Basket Supplies for that very important weaving project? Purchase from theses recommended suppliers, because The Wicker Woman® does not sell supplies to the general public.
- FREE Articles, Hints & Tip Sheets resource section. Over ten topics covering how-to weave a cane seat, how-to remove spline cane, how-to paint wicker, what is cane, and how-to gather and process cattails.
- FREE Chair Caning Instructions page for your DIY chair seat weaving project. Empowerment–learn a new craft, save money!
- Are you a creative weaver, but need a little help and encouragement or want to try something totally different? Sign up for one of Cathryn’s Basket & Caning Classes .
- Purchase one of Cathryn’s OOAK handwoven Antler Baskets designed for your home, cabin or as a gift for someone special. Or get Antler Basket Patterns and weave your own!
- Have questions about wicker furniture or chair caning questions? Click on the Wicker FAQ and Seatweaving FAQ links.
- On the Useful Resource Links you’ll find a list of basket guilds, woodworking sites, basket conventions, antiques & collectibles and rustic furniture.
- Did you get lost on the site? Find your way around, here’s the Sitemap and it’s on the top navigation of every page.
We sure hope you enjoy all the chair caning , wicker repair , and basketry articles and information here. Please come back often and refer your friends to WickerWoman.com ! Happy Weaving!