I am very pleased to announce that the Seatweaving & Chair Caning Forum™ will be celebrating its 7th year anniversary on March 10, 2011.
Over the years we’ve been very chatty bunch and now have logged a total of 9,407 messages (posts) as of January 31, 2011. And that’s due in part to us having a paid forum instead of the free-based forum with its restrictions on the number of posts and also where there are tons of advertising banners.
For many years I financially supported the forum myself, but have had some great”forum angels” in the last few years helping out by making donations to keep the forum going! Thanks to each and every one of you.
We currently have 208 subscribers to the Daily Updates, a summary of daily posts that arrive in the subscribers email box every day. And also have an unmeasured amount of “lurkers” that only read the posts from the website, but never participate.
Since the start of the forum we’ve helped beginners, hobbyists and seasoned professionals alike with many seat weaving issues such as:
- offering solutions to tough seat weaving projects
- sharing hints and tips to improve weaving techniques
- giving suggestions on how-to speed up weaving time
- helping too effectively market the seatweaving services
- notifying members of events taking place within the weaving community
- offering a Seatweaving Forum PictureTrail photo site where pictures could be posted
- provided a place to freely advertise their business, by just using a signature file
- fostered the origination of The SeatWeavers’ Guild, Inc., the first and only chair caning guild in America!
- publicizing and promoting the chair caning and seatweaving community across the country
Our forum has always been a “Community Hub for Chair Caners, Seatweavers and Wicker Repair Folks,” a gathering place where chair caner’s can get together online and “talk shop.” So the name has recently been changed to reflect that sense of community and collectivity of like-minded individuals.
Seatweaving & Chair Caning Forum–The Caner’s Community Hub™
Won’t you visit us today and consider registering to become a member of this vital community of chair seat weavers, too?
4 thoughts on “Chair Caning Forum Going Strong–Friday Feature”
Where can I find caning repair near North Fort Myers FL (33917)?
You can find chair caning repair experts in Florida by going to my National Furniture Repair Directory™. Be sure to tell the person you contact that you found them through my Directory so they know where the business is coming from. Thanks!
I think that you names the forum correctly…It is the “hub” for caners whether they are newbys or professionals. I personally have benefited from the advice and questions that have been posted. Thanks to all of you who participate and to Cathryn for all her work.
Well, thank you so much Loxie for leaving your comment and I’m glad the Seatweaving & Chair Caning forum has been so helpful for you. That’s what we’re here for after all, sharing and caring.